Monday, July 25, 2011

Hot Child in the Garden...

As we find ourselves in the midst of the dog days of summer, it's easy to neglect your garden in fear of suffering a heat stroke. We had about a week of temperatures in the triple digits, which is quite hot for the north east.


Despite the delirious heat, I managed to get in some much needed garden maintenance. A desperate watering, tying up saggy plants, cutting off dead leaves and of course (the fun part) harvesting!


I know some of you are thinking it, "Lil, those tomatoes don't look ripe!!" I know they don't, however, I didn't want the pesky little chipmunks feasting on all the fruits of my labor. Anyone know a (non harmful) solution?! In all seriousness though, how good do my melons look?!

I also started seedlings for my fall veggies this week. Some of my seeds are already 1-2 inches tall. that's how damn hot it's been!





4 comments:

  1. Lilly, love the garden, what else do you grow?
    and what kind of fertilizer to you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it seem to me that someone here as Google plus! i think she should invite us all to it? patty?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3:27am what are you in San Francisco Lilly?

    ReplyDelete
  4. A cat is natures deterrent to all rodents and pests.

    ReplyDelete