Monday, June 20, 2011

Where to Eat in San Fran..

No doubt San Fran is one of my favorite cities in the country... besides the scenery, the people and the laid back west coast vibe, SF has some of the best food I've eaten.

Breakfast in SF is a must if you can roll yourself out of bed early enough because you smoked too much of that medical marijuana the night before. However, if you're up and looking for a breakfast spot, here are a couple recommendations...

Boogaloos in the Mission- who doesn't love a biscuit smothered in gravy for breakfast, seriously? This was one of the better breakfasts I've had, ever. Get the home fries, biscuit and always add avocado to anything while in Cali-nothing tastes better!
Brenda's on Polk St. - It's a french-soul-cajun style cuisine so don't feel weird about ordering their fried chicken for breakfast because it's delicious ANY time of day. I heard a rumor that the Food Network was just at this place, which means they'll have longer waits then they already do...just be prepared to wait a bit, but trust me it's worth it.

If you're doing some shopping in the Mission and looking for a quick and yummy taco spot, swing by La Taqueria Guadalajara on 24th St. A Mexi-Coke and 2 tacos for under $10- can't beat it!
This next place I'm almost hesitant to tell you about because I waited an hour and a half to eat here. It's a tiny little, 'hole in the wall' type sushi spot.. it's where the locals come to eat, so you know it's good. If I tell you the name will you promise to not go when I'm in SF, please?! Sushi Zone on Market St...cheesy name, but amazing sushi at a really reasonable price!
If you're looking for something a little fancier or even romantic, try the Foreign Cinema on Mission St. Ask to sit outside so you can watch that evenings screening. We got to see 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' and I know what you're thinking.. "That's not a foreign film" I know it's not, but it might be my only 'complaint' about this place. Good food, good service and great atmosphere. Cap the night off with a drink at the bar next door.

No comments:

Post a Comment