Saturday, August 27, 2011

Hurricane, Food & Music

I realize that I have been m.i.a on the blogging front lately, but don't worry...just because I haven't been blogging doesn't mean I haven't been eating. I have!!! Started a new gig a couple weeks ago and have been pretty busy to talk to- all 17 of you. I'm the new producer for Whatever w/ Jennifer Hutt (Sirius/Xm 110 5-7pm) and it's been a blast so far..especially because Jenny keeps a well stocked snack closet in the office..So, don't you worry about me and my eating ;)

Anyway, this weekend the East Coast is getting hit with Hurricane Irene and I personally can't think of anything better to do during a natural disaster than cook and listen to good music.

Hurricane Menu:
Eggplant Parm (Recipe in previous post)
Braised chicken legs in celery and onions w/ white wine glaze
Spinach Pie
Burgers
Veggie cakes (recipe soon to come)

I'm almost positive there is more that I'm forgetting.

Hurricane Playlist:
Ever since I heard the Top 5 mix tape challenge on Ron & Fez, I've been trying to find a slick way to put mine out there. And really, I can't think of any time better than the present. You may be saying to yourself "why on earth is she posting music on a food blog," and my answer to you would be- my blog, my rules!!! Plus, music and food are so intertwined in this beautifully delicious love affair that they really need each other to shine. So, here's my top 5 Hurricane weekend playlist- all songs that have or will get play as Irene shows us who's boss..

01. Devendra Banhart - Lover
For those of you unfamiliar with Devendra, please give him a listen. He's this sexy latin, indie-folk singer.. I think you'll really enjoy him.

02. Portishead- Glory Box (Live)
I love this live Portishead album...This is tasty!

03. Aretha Franklin - Never Loved a Man, the Way that I Loved You
I mean, I don't know what else to say that Miss Aretha hasn't already said..

04. Bob Marley & The Wailers - Keep on Moving
This is for my friend Earl..who is the biggest Curtis Mayfield fan. This song was written by Curtis. It's just a beautiful tune..

05. Thievery Corportation - Sound the Alarm
I remember being introduced to Thievery Corp for the first time and thought 'how could I have lived without them for so long???' Hope you have a similar reaction.

So there You have it. My quickly thrown together top 5. Enjoy and be safe, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment